Lasagna. Lasagna with Squash and Cheese Sauce. In a small bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese and remaining parsley and salt. This is a fabulous lasagna made with an artichoke and spinach mixture which has been cooked with vegetable broth, onions and garlic.
Sprinkle with garlic powder and/or garlic salt, to taste. Sprinkle with red or white wine vinegar. Drain and pat dry the noodles. You can cook Lasagna using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- It’s of pack instant lasagna sheets.
- It’s of grated mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of grated chedder cheese.
- You need of cream.
- It’s of grated parmesan.
- Prepare of Cheese Sauce.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of plain flour.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of grated chedder.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need of Meat Sauce.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of onion, finely chopped.
- You need of garlic, crushed.
- It’s of beef mince.
- Prepare of x 425 gram tins of tomatoes.
- Prepare of red wine.
- Prepare of ground oregano.
- Prepare of ground basil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Overlap one third of the noodles atop the sauce to cover the pan bottom. Remove from heat and drain fat. Season with salt and pepper, then add marinara and stir until warmed through. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C..
- Brush a shallow ovenproof dish with melted butter or oil, line with lasagna sheets – breaking them to fill any gaps. Set aside..
- To make cheese sauce, melt butter in a medium pan. Add flour and sit for one minute. Remove from heat. Gradually add milk, stirring until mixture is smooth. Return to heat. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens. Reduce heat, simmer for three minutes. Remove from heat, add cheese, salt and pepper. Stir well until combined and set aside..
- To make meat sauce, heat oil in a large pan. Add onion and garlic and stir over low heat until onion is tender. Add mince. Brown well – breaking up with a fork as it cooks. Stir in undrained, crushed tomatoes, wine, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer 20 minutes..
- Spoon one-third of the meat sauce over lasagna sheets. Top with one-third of the cheese sauce. Arrange a layer of lasagna sheets on top..
- Continue layering, finishing with lasagna sheets. Sprinkle with combined mozzarella and cheddar cheese..
- Pour cream over the top. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubbling and golden..
When you're in need for a comforting dish, this Classic Lasagna is the perfect recipe. We love the cheese combinations of this recipe: shredded mozzarella, cottage cheese or ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella slices. Yes, each cheese has a reason to be in this recipe. Lasagna is one of the oldest types of pasta, a classic Italian favorite that consists of layered noodles, cheese, sauce and meat. Lasagna noodles are long, flat noodles with two wavy edges, perfect for placing in a casserole dish and layering with cheese and sauce.