Pesto Spinach Lasagna. Scrumptious lasagna with basil pesto, spinach and plenty of bubbly cheese. I liked the way the tomato sauce balanced out the pesto/spinach combo, although I thought the amount of spinach and pesto it called for was a little overpowering. Spinach-Pesto Lasagna From the back of Ralph's Shredded Mozzarella cheese.
Combine the pasta sauce and the tomato sauce in a medium. Spinach, Pesto, and Fontina Lasagna Recipe. Add a layer of pasta, then spread or brush over a third of the pesto. You can have Pesto Spinach Lasagna using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pesto Spinach Lasagna
- Prepare of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare of tomatoes.
- Prepare of onion.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of ½ red chilli.
- You need of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- Prepare of dried oregano or basil.
- You need of oil.
- It’s of Spinach.
- It’s of frozen spinach leaves.
- Prepare of ½ dl water.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s of Lasagna.
- It’s of green pesto.
- Prepare of grated mozzarella for finishing.
Top with another third of the spinach sauce, followed by pasta and pesto, then repeat the layers once more. Add a final layer of pasta, then spread over the reserved white sauce. Spread ⅓ of the remaining béchamel sauce in an even layer over the pasta then ½ of the pesto. On medium heat defrost the leaves with water, mix to keep from boiling.
Pesto Spinach Lasagna step by step
- Preheat the oven to 175C..
- Prepare the spinach. On medium heat defrost the leaves with water, mix to keep from boiling. Season, and move aside..
- Make the tomato sauce. – Chop the tomatoes into small cubes, and finely chop the cleaned chilli. Crush garlic cloves finely. Cut onion into small cubes. – Heat a frying pan on high heat, add oil and the onion, garlic and chilli. Turn for few minutes, until onions start glisten. – Add tomatoes, and keep on high heat. Keep on eye to keep from burning. Let simmer until the sauce thickens and some of the tomatoes can be crushed into paste. Season and check the taste. Move aside..
- Start assembling the lasagna in a deep oven pan. First layer must be tomato sauce, then spinach, then lasagna sheets. Repeat these steps, spread pesto on the spinach, and press sheets on top of it. Finish with a layer of tomato sauce and grated mozzarella..
- Cook in 175C oven for 30-40 minutes. Keep an eye on the lasagna. When finished, let first sit for 5 minutes before service..
Make the tomato sauce. – Chop the tomatoes into small cubes, and finely chop the cleaned chilli. Layers of custardy ricotta, sautéed mushrooms, garlicky pesto, a whole pound of spinach (because yes, lasagna can be slightly virtuous), and a creamy black pepper-flecked cheese sauce make up the blueprint of this next-level lasagna. Additionally, you could mix in finely sliced broccoli, zucchini, and onions for extra veggie goodness. Mix in spinach, artichokes and sundried tomatoes, until artichokes are in small pieces. Lay three lasagna noodles over pesto-tomato spread, trimming if needed.