Meat sauce Lasagna. I learned to make lasagna from my mother, and think this recipe is so much better than any other lasagna I've tried. Feel free to add green peppers to the meat sauce if that sounds good to you. Spread remaining meat sauce over top noodles.
From there, it only takes minutes to boil the noodles and assemble the dish before baking until bubbly. Fresh, sliced mozzarella takes this lasagna to the next level. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. You can cook Meat sauce Lasagna using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meat sauce Lasagna
- You need 9 of lasagna noodles.
- You need 3/4 pound of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of ///Tomato meat sauce///.
- It’s 1 pound of Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 pound of beef (or pork).
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic,minced.
- You need of ☆1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes.
- You need of ☆7 tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare of ☆2 can (6 oz) tomato paste.
- It’s of ☆1/2 cup water.
- Prepare of ●2 TBSP sugar.
- Prepare of ●3 TBSP fresh parsley.
- You need of ●2 tsp dried basil.
- Prepare of ●3/4 tsp fennel seed.
- You need of ●1 tsp Italian seasoning.
- You need of ●1 tsp salt.
- Prepare of ●1/4 tsp ground pepper.
- Prepare of ///Ricotta sauce///.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 16 oz of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. YES, OVENS TAKE LONGER, BUT IT TASTES (AND SMELLS) BETTER THAT WAY. one. Lasagna is the ultimate Italian comfort food and it's the perfect make-ahead meal to enjoy on busy weekdays or even laid back weekends. Tender pasta noodles are layered with a delicious meat sauce, creamy ricotta, and mozzarella.
Meat sauce Lasagna step by step
- In a large pan, medium heat, sauté sausage, ground beef(or Pork) and onion until meat is no longer pink, 8 – 10 minutes. Add garlic and sauce for 1 minute..
- Add all the ingredients of ☆ and season with the ingredients of ●. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, uncovered for 30 minutes (to 1 hour) stirring occasionally..
- In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling salted water..
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, ricotta cheese,parsley, and salt..
- Spread 1/3 of the meat sauce into an ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 2 TBSP parmesan cheese. For the second layer skip the ricotta mixture and instead just do it with mozzarella cheese and parmesan. Third layer do the same as 1st one..
- Spray foil with cooking spray (so it won't stick to top of lasagna) and cover.
- Bake, covered for 25 minutes, uncovered 25 minutes. Let it stand 15 minutes before serving..
There are only two things you need for great lasagna: a thick, rich, super-meaty meat sauce and lots of it, and a ricotta filling where only the finest cheeses are welcomed. For the sauce, I love a combination of half Italian sausage and half lean ground beef. I also like lots of sauce. Season with salt and pepper and use a wooden spoon to break it up into small pieces. After the meat is entirely browned, drain the fat off and set the meat and onions aside.