Eggplant Lasagna. Our eggplant lasagna is a delicious, crowd-pleasing dinner that results from swapping traditional lasagna noodles for slabs of fresh eggplant. Besides being a great gluten-free and low-carb alternative to classic lasagna, this comforting casserole is the perfect way to put a load of summer eggplant to good use. Roast the eggplant: You'll then pat the eggplant dry, lightly brush it with oil, and roast it just until it's pliable.
The key to making Eggplant Lasagna as tasty (and satisfying as!) a lasagna you'd order in an Italian restaurant is to properly prepare the eggplant itself. Since the eggplant slices stand in for the lasagna noodles (a serious job in the business of lasagna), it's important that the eggplant both tastes great and has a fantastic texture. Lay eggplant slices out onto prepared baking sheets into a single layer. You can have Eggplant Lasagna using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Lasagna
- It’s of fried eggplant slices sliced lengthwise and thin about 1/4 inch.
- You need of marinara sauce see basic marinara sauce recipe or use your own or favorite jar sauce.
- You need of ricotta cheese Galbani best choice or another low moisture type.
- Prepare of five cheese Italian shredded cheese kraft or Sargento.
- You need of Mrs. Dash original blend.
Drizzle lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Using a mandolin or a thin knife, slice eggplant lengthwise into thin strips. Add a layer of eggplant slices, covering the bottom of the dish completely. It's okay if the eggplant slices overlap slightly.
Eggplant Lasagna step by step
- Line half sterno tray with marinara sauce..
- Place first layer of eggplant slices in tray..
- Mix ricotta with Mrs. Dash original seasoning to taste..
- Spread ricotta cheese on top if eggplant..
- Put more marinara sauce over ricotta mixture then liberally sprinkle shredded Italian cheese blend over..
- Rest above steps ensuring you finish with layer of shredded Italian cheese blend..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheight..
- Put tray loosely covered with foil in oven and bake approximately 30 to 45 mins..
- Remove foil cover and allow to brown approximately 10 mi s..
- Remove tray from oven and allow 10 mins to cool before cutting into serving size pieces..
Add a layer of the ricotta mixture and spread in a thin, even layer. Lay slices on a cooling rack and season with salt. This easy eggplant lasagna recipe is all the flavor and comfort of classic lasagna but without the noodles! Roasted eggplant slices, layered with a delicious cheese mixture with spinach and fresh herbs. This is a yummy and easy Jewish eggplant lasagna!