Taisen's lasagna roll ups. Taisen's lasagna roll ups: I wanted to make lasagna, but needed to use what I had on hand. The kids were happy with it. Mine needed more so next time I'm adding in some things like mushrooms, spinach and meat in the sauce.
Drain, rinse with cold water to cool and lay flat on a sheet of foil. WGN's Dean Richards shares easy, delicious recipe for Lasagna Roll-ups. Carefully roll up and place seam side down over meat sauce. You can have Taisen's lasagna roll ups using 15 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taisen's lasagna roll ups
- Prepare of lasagna noodles.
- Prepare of garlic minced.
- Prepare of cottage cheese.
- Prepare of ricotta cheese.
- You need of mozzarella cheese (we used two bags of 2 cups of cheese).
- It’s of parmesean cheese (desired amount).
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of basil.
- You need of oregano.
- Prepare of parsley.
- Prepare of your favorite spaghetti sauce or your homemade sauce (we used 2 jars because we made two dishes).
- You need of onion.
- You need of mushrooms, if you want.
- It’s of spinach, if you want.
- Prepare of butter to fry your onion and garlic (you can use less or use oil).
Lasagna Roll-Ups Made in the Muffin Tin are a fun and easy lasagna recipe that can easily be baked & frozen. These perfectly portioned roll-ups are baked in the oven and taste just as good as traditional lasagna. We love the perfect size that makes mealtime fun for kids & adults alike. Lasagna Roll Ups combine the best of classic Lasagna but are much easier to serve, bake faster and can be enjoyed right away – no resting time required!
Taisen's lasagna roll ups instructions
- Start your water boiling for the noodles. Add in some salt. Once it starts to boil start adding noodles. When they are about done, move the noodles into a bowl of water or something big enough to add them all into the water. This keeps them from sticking. If you have a different way, please use it..
- Chop up your garlic and onion. Put them in a frying pan with about a tablespoon of butter or oil. Add in a little bit of parsley, basil and oregano. Cook until they are translucent..
- In a bowl mix your cottage cheese with parmesean cheese, basil, parsley and oregano. Don't over do the spices. Mix well. If the cottage cheese is to wet add in more parmesean cheese or you can use an egg. I didn't use an egg and it was fine. I also added in extra garlic powder. You can add salt and pepper if you like or leave it out. Mix well. I don't like riccata so the cottage cheese were for mine..
- In a separate bowl add in your riccata cheese. Add in same ingredients – garlic powder, basil, oregano and parsley. My husband added some of the extra cottage cheese to this as well. You can add salt and pepper if you like or leave it out. My husband and kids like riccata and sometimes they blend it with cottage to..
- Put some sauce in your onions and stir. Taste for flavor. Add anything you need to your desired taste. I did this with mine. I'm not a fan of ricotta and the kids and husband don't like onion and stuff. I used this for the top of my dish..
- Lay a noodle flat. Spoon on cheese mixture. Try to do a thin layer from beginning to end. Then sprinkle parmesean cheese and then a layer of mozzarella cheese. Roll. Place them seam side down..
- We used the glass casserole dish to add the cheeses to the noodles and roll it up before placing them..
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spread sauce on the bottom of your casserole dishes or whatever pan you will be using for the oven..
- Same with each one..
- Now add sauce over the top of them. Cover as much as you can..
- Cover all with sauce.
- Place tin foil on top. Put them into the oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Take it out, uncover it. Spread some mozzarella cheese on top and put them back into the oven until the cheese is nice and melted..
- I added some extra parmesean on top of mine before covering and putting it into the oven..
- When mine came out the second time with the extra mozzarella cheese on top. Yummy..
- Let it stand for about 15 minutes before serving. Serve with any sides you like. For the kids we did Mac and cheese and corn. You can use salad and bread, just bread, just salad, any veggies, there are many different things that you can have on the side or none at all..
- I had a salad with mine. Granted, I didn't have lettuce so I used onion, tomato, cucumber, shredded sharp cheese and bacon bits. For the dressing, I used ranch..
They are make-ahead, freezer-friendly, and reheat well. We love comforting pasta dishes like Chicken Tetrazzini, traditional Spaghetti and Meatballs and Mom's Chicken Alfredo. These are among the most requested meals in our family. Stir together ricotta and cream cheese until smooth. Repeat with remaining noodles and cheese.